Thursday, January 23, 2014

Perfectly






You are sitting in your lazy boy watching your stupid baseball. I lean against the wall leading into the living room, just watching you. You look up & our eyes meet. Small smiles acknowledging each other. There are no words, we don't need them. I walk to where you are & crawl into your lap. Your arms engulf me as I rest my head against your shoulder.  You kiss my forehead & I nuzzle into your neck. And there we sit just watching the game. Perfectly happy. Perfectly content ... just to be.

(the dream I had Tuesday night)

5 comments:

  1. wow, what a fabulous dream, and a lovely photo too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...i miss these times...and baseball season is around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever have a dream .. so vivid .. that it just kind of stays with you .. floating around your being, for days on end? I have them a lot ... this one is one of them. It is haunting me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have vivid dreams also..but my dreams aren't usually nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Jodi, I know what you mean. Most of my dreams are very weird .. I do get nightmares but mostly just very strange fucked up dreams. This one is rather rare. Thanks for the comment. :D

      Delete