Saturday, January 11, 2014

Better this way????


It's been a week since I have heard from FormerD. This would not actually be unusual back in the day. His life is very full. He might still contact me ... or not.

Now that the dust has settled & the excitement of hearing from him has past, it is probably (logically) a good thing that I haven't heard from him. I am thinking that maybe he is feeling the same way.

It was very evident, talking with him last week that the chemistry that we shared is still very strong. And it was also very evident that he has missed invoking his Dominant nature. It has been said many times & in many different ways, that once you go down this path, it is very hard to turn back.


I had wanted to "talk" to FormerD for so long now. I wanted to show him everything that had happened since he had gone ... to show him the "monster" that he created :)   ... and to thank him. I figured it had been a year & I had been reflecting, so I wrote that email. I don't regret it in the least. I truly think that he had a right to now .. and it was kind of like closure, maybe. I never expected the reaction I got. I was very surprised & certainly not "unhappy" about it. 
He was very surprised to receive that email .. so random & out of the blue (I am bad for that). But he was happy for it though .. and happy for me .. "I saw it .. you always had it in you!"

I don't know if I would have the strength of heart to deny him, if we ever do "find the time" to get together and "chat". The chemistry is so strong. And we were so good together .. and that was me, not having embraced my submissiveness ... I can't even imagine what it would be like now! *sighs*




But I need more than he can give me and I know that he needs more than he can give. I have realized that I am very needy & selfish. I think at best he could only be my "part time Dom" and I would spend more time waiting for him then anything.

 It's a dangerous game ... to be with a married man. (I have done it before .. when I was young & stupid & vanilla). The potential for hurting other people is great. I don't want to be the cause of pain for anybody, ever. But, I have come to realize in the past year though, that when it comes to this lifestyle ... there is no judgement. A Dominant & a submissive have core needs that transcend the foundation of vanilla life. And if he needed (needs) me ... well, I don't think I would/could deny him.

I have often wondered if FormerD was happy in the constraints that he put himself in. I have honestly wished nothing but the best for him during these long months since he went back to his wife. I had hoped that he had found a happiness that he deserved and that he could live without TTWD. I don't know the answer to that. Maybe he had been just fine until my email and I re-opened that need. I hope I didn't do that. I didn't mean to.

I did ask him but he would only say "let's save it until we can talk in person" ... typical. He has such great distrust in the internet.

A really big part of me WANTS to have that chat ... but a really big part of me is terrified of it as well.

So yes, maybe just maybe ... things are better left the way they are.

6 comments:

  1. All good things, someday, must come to an end....Hard at times parting with the final Adieu...Stay strong...Good things happen to good people :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did all that ... last April. And I am a firm believer that you can never go back but does that mean you can't "pick up where you left off", so to speak? It has been an unexpected curve ball.
      It is sound advice ... logically speaking of course. And I thank you.
      Unfortunately logic & I are not very good friends.
      It's probably a moot point anyway but I won't know unless a "meeting" does materialize at some point.

      Delete
    2. I am with you...I guess I will have to stay tuned...lol

      Delete
    3. I am not saying that I am sitting around wishing & waiting because I am not & I won't ... but if the opportunity does arises ... then I will ... well I just have to wait & rely on my instincts I guess.

      Delete
  2. Although we often don't know it at the time sometimes people have a defined role in our life. They are not meant to be a permanent fixture, but their presence in our lives is no less special. Perhaps that was FormerD for you :) ava x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree Ava Grace .. and that's how I have viewed him. I have been & always will be very grateful for him because if it weren't for him I would not be walking this path at all. This unexpected turn of events has just kind of blurred the lines a bit that's all. But like I said ... I am not likely to hear from him again any time soon. I guess I see now that the door was never really properly closed though ... if that makes any sense.

      Delete