Monday, January 27, 2014

Fishtails on Monday!!!

You know it is going to be a really bad BAD day when ...

Your bus fishtails on an overpass! I am totally amazed that we

- did not crash into another car,

- did not hit the guard rail & plummet down to the train tracks below

- did not tip over ... Which I really thought we were going to do, especially as my head bounced off the window beside me (never fear both head & window left intact, although I am left with a blazing headache).

Anyway, kudos to the driver .. He saved it ... He didn't panic & literally just drove out of it. We didn't even stop. We're tough Canadians ... Right?!?!

... That was 3 hrs ago .. The snow has sort of stopped now, I think, - it's hard to tell with all blowing snow due to high winds. I have been left as a shaking puddle of goo (no .. Not in a good way), a splitting headache, and ready to admit defeat.

I am in full on winter blues mode .... bored, restless and so depressed.  I am ready ... ready to crawl under my bed & stay there!



... Somebody wake me up in May!!!

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!!! hope you're all ok (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ... like I said ... "tough Canadians" ... crazy too. It was more the nerves than any actual physical damage. I did have quite the headache all day but it has finally gone away now.

    SafeD said to me today ... "look on the bright side, today is the first day of the last 7 weeks of winter!!!!!"

    *GROANS* ... YAY ... only 7 more weeks of winter . minus a day! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you're okay.
    This cold weather is horrible. I don't like it :( It has been really cold here but it has been much worse in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the "cold" weather so much this year .. it's the inconsisentcy. We will have 3-5 days of -40deg Celsius (sorry I don't know the conversion) ... but OMFG cold weather ... then it will jump up to 0 .. then it will freeze rain .. make sure everything gets good & coated with ice .. then it will go back to flash freeze .. then warm up .. snow (like what happened last night) .. then freeze .. etc etc etc. It's been so unsettled this year. It makes for a very long, tiring & dangerous winter. SafeD's bus was 45 minutes late this morning then as soon as he stepped off ... he slipped in the snow/ice & fell right on his ass. Bruised his pride but good! :(

      Delete