Sunday, December 1, 2013

Don't Mean to be Rude But .....

Why can't people just believe you mean what you say?

I just received another email from the CSM.

I like the guy & all but that ship has sailed.

He basically asked me if I was "FINALLY, getting back in the groove, yet" ... again (and again, and again) ... geez, take a hint!

"I was in your neck of the woods the other day (with his wife) and remembered that time I came over."

That's nice. *shrug*

I have told him repeatedly (in the nicest ways possible) that regardless of whether I am "back in the groove" or not, that I was not interested in a repeat performance.

He is a very nice man. But logistically speaking, it's just not doable. In order to "play" with him, I would have to either take time off work or call in sick. The only way he can arrange to "play" with me, is to "pretend" to have an appointment and sneak away from work for a couple of hours. He is military & can do that. I get that .. I use to do that when I was in the military too (not for those reasons but still). Now it's just too difficult, especially cuz I work for Hitler.

But any other time is "impossible" because his wife "keeps him on a very short leash" .. aww, poor lamb. He is not happy. *shrug*

If you are not happy with your life but are unwilling to do anything about it ... well, I am sorry but that is just not my problem.

*sighs*

Venting done. I just have to find a way to tactfully tell him to fuck off ... errr, no, to tell him that, Oh yes, I have found my groove but sorry, you are not going to be a part of it.

Tactful .. must think tactful!   ... I can do tactful.

;)


13 comments:

  1. about as tactful as a cat's behind pfft!

    er i mean, of course you can. i have a ton of faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY!!!

      Don't make me giggle ...

      I AM TRYING to be grumpy here!!!

      :P

      Delete
    2. but but but .. that would be ... rude! o.O

      Delete
  2. wow!

    don't ever change yourself to accommodate someone else...you are proving every day that you are getting back in the groove & kittie is controlling her own life, the way it should be.

    well, tactful isn't always my speciality, so I can't help there. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hs! I will never change! ;)

      ... just sick of his passive aggressive emails (thankfully I only get one every couple of weeks or so)

      *rolls eyes*

      I am polite .. you know "acquaintance" polite. ;)

      Delete
  3. I am sorry if you don't want comments on your post about the things you couldn't say...but I just wanted you to know that you sound so strong and full of self-respect. I wish you the very best and hope that all good things will come to you.

    And self-respect is also telling someone to shove off when you want to (about this post). He's not your problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thank you Anastasia .. that is very sweet ... strong & self respect .. wow ... it felt (feels) more like exposed & vulnerable but I like your words better!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some people I think being rude is the only language that will get the message across.

    And I'm with Anastasia. Your posts reveal such amazing strength and courage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually it wasn't him being rude .. it was me trying not to be. I can handle rude (people don't like me when I "handle" rude) ... it's the passive aggressive behavor I don't like.

    "got you're groove back .. cuz you know I am just sitting around, bored with my married life & it's not like you are doing anything ......" .. well something like that anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and thank you. I am kind of amazed that people would think that .. strong & courageous. *blushes* It certainly doesn't feel that way from the inside. But again, thank you :)

      Delete
  7. That particular blend of passive-aggressiveness can be so hair-pulling-out-hard to deal with.
    I think it takes a stronger sort to actually mean what you say.
    I also do think there is a time and a place to be rude when nothing else gets the message across...but then again, I find being tactful a daily challenge.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the older I get the less patience I have in dealing with passive-agressiveness. I have people in my life (they have to be in my life) that are like that only, you can't really say anything to them for various reasons. It's so hard! I know I have been passive aggressive in the past. It IS hard to recognize in oneself but once you can, it's easier to attempt to modify your behaviour.
      I like to try to practice what I preach .. I am sure that if I don't like it then I am sure people around me wouldn't like it coming from me either.

      :D

      Delete