Monday, December 23, 2013

BLARG!

Christmas is a pretty quiet affair this year.

I am off work tomorrow at noon, spending Christmas & Boxing Day with family & then back to work on Thursday.

I am acting supervisor for the next 2 weeks so the extra pay is a nice Christmas bonus.

Today I have to spend the day training a new person. Who hires somebody on the 23rd of December.

Tomorrow, we have a "breakfast meeting" and not much else. We should close down shop at noon at the very latest.

Most of my social gatherings seem to be happening after Christmas .. not sure how that worked out the way it did but whatever.

I am sick too. I saw the signs starting on Saturday. I am in the throws of a huge FibroFlare. YAY! All I can say really is that there is not one single part of me that ISN'T screaming out in agony rignt now. *sighs* It's time to break out the heavy duty meds & literally be stoned for the unforeseeable future.

If I could crawl under my bed & just stay there til May .... that would be the best Christmas present ever.

On the plus side ...

I am having coffee with SafeD after work .... we are hoping to be able to finally plan a "session" during the Christmas break ... hmmmm, if I can handle it :(

I have never played thru a really bad flare before although FormerD & I did play during one particular nasty spell ... hmmmm .............  time will tell, I suppose

7 comments:

  1. Remember, it's Friday you return to work if you get Boxing Day off. :) would hate to read you woke up in Thursday, got ready for work, and left your place only to realize you were off.

    Yes, who starts a new employee on Dec 23rd? Odd.

    Oh, hope you and SafeD find time, and flare subsides-fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops Friday!

      I will be at my Aunties on Boxing Say so no worries of accidentally going into work ... Although that would be double time ... Hmmmm, good money!

      But yeah between "fibro fog" (makes my brain addled) and the narcotics ... This poor newbie is gonna have fun today! O.o

      Tomorrow is SafeD's last day of work, til the New year. He is not sure how much social activity his wife has them schedualled for, so yeah ... If he has time ... If not, then soon into the new year!!! (I am getting kind of "needy", if you know what I mean - wink wink

      Delete
  2. wrap up warm, and hey, better stoned than in pain.

    meanwhile, i'm gearing up for some Christmas battling of my own when the whole family descends upon my little home on Christmas eve.

    here's good luck to everyone during this STRESSFUL holiday period!

    *and really, WHO HIRES on the 23rd?*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stoned does have it'serits, but I have to be careful .. The urge to do stupid things is strong!

      Apparently we hire. Technically we are replacing a contractor from an agency, with another .. Who, I might add, "decided" it would be "better" if he started working on the 30th, instead if today!! NEXT!!! We get his replacement in Friday!! ;)

      Delete
    2. Yes stoned does bring it's own fair share of issues, but be sure to take care of yourself. My company comes after Christmas so i think that's a little better.

      Hiring on the 23rd is dumb. So is deciding you know better than the person who rights your checks, lol

      Delete
    3. a monday is a monday no matter if it's the 23rd of December or not ... and it was stellar ... (see next post) ... :(

      Delete
  3. Awwwww, I'm so sorry. I know you're miserable. Pamper yourself. Get better.

    Hugs to ya!

    ReplyDelete