Thursday, March 6, 2014

Scarlet's Questions (Brace Yourself for the GEEK)

Oh boy .. do I feel popular!!!

Scarlet asks (and she WILL be sorry):

Most outrageous/expensive wish list item for TTWD?

Ummm, does liposuction count?  :P

Okay.. there are 2 things really (so far anyway) ... the first are 



$234.00 per set  from 

& the ultimate 



Not sure about those but there was talk on tumblr that the top bed was $20,000!!! 


And....most coveted wish list item related to cosplay (crap, is that the right word? i can't remember and should know...i'm going to feel so bad if i got that wrong) 

Yes cosplay is correct. Easy question. My costuming wish list grows almost daily .. 99,9% of it is star wars but I now have patterns for both Snow & Regina from Once Upon a Time!!! ;) 

My DREAM costume is the Storm trooper Commander (I know.. dead sexy) 


Stormy's are expensive .. the bucket (helmet) alone is about $200. The armour is roughly $900 (unmolded) added the blue  .. is custom and probably another $500 .. depends on how it's applied (paint, airbrush, vinyl, decals). Plus all the dremels, bondo, epoxy, velcro, snaps, rivets, vacu-forming, trimming & ...  convincing my Brat to build it for me. It probably will cost me around $2000-$2500. Not something I will do anytime soon (well I will slowly start aquiring the parts) .. besides I don't care that I am "too short to be a storm trooper" I REFUSE to be a round one (still have about another 25 pounds to go before I even consider building this!!!

But the ultimate cosplay is not something I can wear ... my ultimate if I ever win the lottery "cosplay" is 


My very own, remote controlled "fully operational" R2D2 (the ones in the picture are all working "droids"  & built by friends) .. there is an actual group dedicated to building R2 units. droid geeks

They are so "real" people believe they are from the movies. 

My friend (here in Ottawa) has one and he WON'T give it me!!!! It's so unfair! *pouts* 

The cost? I am honestly afraid to look ... but we can probably be safe to assume that it's low 5 figures! 

... my birthday is coming up ...... just sayin' 

Thanks for the questions Scarlet!!!!

(((hugs)))

7 comments:

  1. I really must remember to preview before I post. I will fix this as soon as I can! Sorry! *rolls eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all these pictures. You're so fun!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the actual word you are looking for is "crazy" but fun works too! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love the beds GK! though i'm not much into being caged, they look awesome!

    i love Star Wars! i've never been into cosplay even though i grew up on a steady diet of scifi and comics. I want to go to a convention just once.

    i think having a R2D2 would be awesome! i remember a friend's older brother had the small one that "talked" and moved when we kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I feel about being caged. I think I kinda like it as long as it wouldn't be the "norm"

      I only started getting into cosplay a couple of years ago - I am a late bloomer. But I have found it completely liberating & such a joy to make people smile.

      Conventions are really just a small part of what I do & probably the thing I like the least. I like my "trooping" where we are out in a "non geek" environment ... so JohnQ Public gets a chance to see us & let out there little Star Wars geek. I have yet to meet anybody who refused to hold my lightsaber while they are getting their picture taken with any & all SW characters.

      But you MUST go to a con .. I can guarantee WE will be there ... WE are EVERYWHERE! ;)

      I do have an R2 unit as well... he is about 1 1/2 feet talk & is voice activated. I will say "HEY R2! Go on patrol!" and he will "nod" he head at me .. beep & bop his reply and proceed to chase the cat around the living room! ... true story & provides hours of entertainment for me & exercise for the cat! ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh my those beds! Would be too much to explain to the kids though...lol.

    Gosh those R2D2s look fun. Wish I was super rich and could buy one for my baby brother. We used to make him 'play' R2D2 when we were kids because he was the short one (now he's taller than me!)

    So question: What's your favorite Star Wars movie and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, extra long bedshirts, maybe?

      I keep trying to "aquire" one of these droids BUT I fail miserably every time. And NONE of the droid builders will build me one, as a present!!! *pouts*

      I wanted to be R2 when I was a kid *shrug*

      Delete