Sunday, March 9, 2014

Back from the Death Star & Aurora's question!

So I am back home, sore & exhausted but happy! It was a really fun weekend, hanging with our larger family of Star Wars peeps. It's always good to see old friends & make new ones too. It was a good weekend ... good crowds of people. I even ran into an old childhood friend (I think he use to play hockey with my brother & for my dad .. I can't really remember), that I haven't seen since I was like 14!!! He came to get his photo taken & remembered me!!!!!! O.O (I would not known him from Adam though).

And then this happened! 




Elisa Dushku (Buffy & Dollhouse fame - personally loved her in Bring  On), was one of the celebrity guests at the con & she decided to come visit our booth. My girlfriend (who came down with me) runs over to where I was working, grabs MY lightsaber, screams "I NEED THIS!!!!!" and runs back over to the other end of the booth. I just shrugged & carried on entertaining the crowds. It was only AFTER Elisa left my lightsaber returned to me that I found all this out! Typical! Oh well, at least MY lightsaber got to meet Elisa! *pouts* 

And Aurora asks:
What's your favourite Star Wars movie & why?

This was actually a very tough question for me, because I love it all (YES, I EVEN LOVE JAR JAR!!!), ... the movies, the books, the clone wars cartoons, ... all of it. I can't get enough of it. But my favourite has to be Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. 

Why? Well, it finally answers how Darth Vader came to be. And the first time I saw it in the theater, that scene looking down on the newly created Sith Lord Vader leading his 501st (Vader's Fist) legion of Clone Troopers into the Jedi Temple to kill the younglings made me cry! I was literally sitting there squeezing my ex's hand, shaking my head NOOOOOOOO & openly crying! And then when all the Jedi were slaughtered and the battle between Obi Wan & Anakin. I was just a very emotional movie for me. Even now when I am watching it I still stop whatever I am doing & stare as they are marching into the temple!

It was a very tough question to answer Aurora!!!! If I had to rank the 6 movies in order of favourite it would be: 
3, 4, 2, 6, 5 & 1 (I like episode one ... HATED the pod racing scene though) 

It's harder now to watch the movies (and the clone wars) for entertainment value now because now, it's like "oooh, I want to do that costume!" or "Damn! I can make that!" or "Hey, that's my friend Maul" ... it's research now! *giggles* 

And for the record, yes I AM looking forward to Episode 7. My only true wish is that Disney & JJ Abrams RESPECTS the expanded universe & sticks with what has already been done. There are soooo many rumours about what episode 7 is going to be like or who is going to be in it that I stopped listening to them A LONG TIME AGO ... (in a galaxy far far way) ;) 

Thanks Aurora! EXCELLENT question! 


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I have enjoyed her acting as well. She must be very athletic.

    Thank you for the photo.

    Hug,
    joey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so *grrrr* at my girlfriend for not telling me Eliza was a mere 20 feet away from me (I couldn't see thru the crowd around our booth!) but hey at least she enjoyed my lightsaber.

      Delete
  2. My husband loves episode 3. I have a hard time with it because after having watched Anakin grow up in the previous episodes, it just breaks my heart that he makes the choice that he does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome rose! That's probably why I like Ep 3 so much ... because of the heartbreak. But on the other hand, at least it wasn't really Anakin's fault because he was deceived by the Emerpor and THAT's WHY he was able to redeem himself in the end. (that's my story & I'm sticking with it!!)

      Delete
  3. i have to confess i have not watched the newer films, i loved, loved the original 3 and im a bit of a traditionalist in that i think they should have just left them as they were...i know i should really watch the last 3, but im afraid of feeling a bit disappointed if that makes sense.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PURIST! *giggles* Don't worry tori .. you are NOT alone in your sentiment. Even amongst us crazy cosplayers the purists abound! The first time I saw Ep 1 I was actually left very unsatisfied ... but after the 100th time I saw it, it really started to grow on me! HA! Ep 1 is my least favourite of all the movies. But I do like how the story all ties together .. so there is that aspect of it. I never thought I would love anything as much as I loved A New Hope but ... well it helped that I had already started reading all the books too. Watch .. if for no other reason than to say you saw them. The originals will always be there! ;)

      Delete