Wednesday, September 18, 2013

With a Little Luck (and a Prayer)

We have had a tragedy here in my fair city, this morning.

A double decker city transit bus has struck a passenger train! Of course, it's still too soon to know much but apparently the stop did not stop at the train crossing, even though the lights were flashing and the gate was down. The train was just coming in to the station, so it was not going horribly fast. The whole front end of the bus was sheared off and the engine of the train derailed but thankfully the rest of the passenger cars remained upright on the track.

There are multiple casualities and 6 confirmed fatalies, all aboard the bus.

The reason I am telling you all this?

A very good friend of mine was meant to be on that bus. She made it to the bus station and decided to make a mad dash to the bus that was already loading. She made it! A split decision and about 8 minutes, probably saved her life!

And my own beloved best friend, the Brat, too was supposed to take the bus this morning (& it probably would have been THAT bus!!) but due to sheer laziness on his part, he decided (again at the last minute) to take his car to school instead and thank the Gods he did!!!

So, while I am both shocked & saddened by this tragic accident, I am also grateful, that those I care about are safe.

Please take a moment to say a prayer for those effected by this. And please, give your own loved ones an extra special hug & tell them you love them.

Life is short & in a blink of an eye ........................

((((HUGS))))
geekie kittie

:'(

3 comments:

  1. I was so sorry to hear this.

    I'm so grateful your friends made those split second decisions. Guess you can't give Brat too hard of a time because he's lazy, lol.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a sad, scary day for us all. I am blessed that I did not lose anybody yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete