Saturday, October 12, 2013

Coffee! But first ... Let's Have a Fire Drill!

I went in to work this morning. I didn't do anything special because of my coffee date later in the day. I usually just wear jeans & a t-shirt (& of course BOOTS - I seriously love boots). No make-up .. I usually will only wear make-up when going out out ... not work. I am way too stupid in the mornings to bother. I did think about it last night though, but then I thought, nope, this is somebody I will be seeing around the building all the time so I might as well just keep it real.

Our hours are different. I go into work very early (7am) and SafeD doesn't work until at least 9am. It's a weird feeling, knowing that there is somebody there, just like you, only you don't know who it is. Maybe it's him .. the one that just got on the elevator with you? Nope, he is going to the 7th floor and I know that SafeD works on the 3rd and he knows that I work on the 9th. But it defiantly makes you look at everybody with a sideways glance. :D

Anyway, he did email me at about 930, asking how my morning was & if we were still on for coffee. We bantered back & forth a bit for the next hour.

It's fire safety week here in our Nation's Capital ... at least for us lowly government workers anyway. And we had not had our "annual" fire drill yet this week. Leave it to the fire marshall's office to leave it til Friday. But I got the word ... it was happening around 1030. I sent SafeD the head's up .. he was glad for the diversion. I cheated & went for a smoke (yeah yeah .. I have that bad habit!!!) at 1030 - I love "breaking the rules". I got down to the main floor just as the firebugs arrived so it was imminent! I sauntered over to the designated gathering area. My seemstress' business is right behind my office & she was out having a smoke herself so we chatted & caught up when the people finally started sauntering out of the "burning building". Good I had a good vantage point.

I also cheated because I did have a fair idea of what SafeD looked like because he does have a couple of pictures of himself on Fetlife (clothed thankfully) & I spotted who I thought was him. And he actually was pretty close to where I was standing. I could have fun with this. He had his phone out. He would check his phone &  then look around ... searching maybe? *giggles* I was so tempted to send him a message on Fet (I didn't have his phone number!!). Then my people from the 9th floor started showing up. My partner in crime (and literally the only person I like from my office showed up) & I pointed out SafeD to him (we talk!! - he knows a little bit of my outside life but he is a dirty dog himself so it's all good).

"Oooo he's looking over here!" - I said there is no way he could know who I was! (I couldn't actually see SafeD  because there was now a small group of people standing between us & I wasn't 100% sure it was him).

Once the building was "deemed safe" they herded us back towards our building & for a fair portion of this .. SafeD & I were practically rubbing shoulders - we were side by side. And he had no clue!!! *giggles*

My buddy & I broke off from the masses & went to my preferred smoking area to wait out the traffic jam at the elevators. I lost sight of SafeD after that. But once I did make it back to my office, I sent him an email, asking him if he was wearing this & this. He responding affirmative & I said GOOD, we were walking side by side for a while there. He did NOT think this was fair at all ... bawhahahahaha!

I did think the whole thing to be terribly funny though and thought I would share that.

It was actually much more exciting then the actual coffee date! :P

Which didn't go too badly. It didn't last very long either because he had to go back to work. Not really alot of time to get into a good conversation about anything. It lasted maybe 25-30 minutes. And we mostly talked shop, which is utterly boring. He did talk a bit about his lifestyle. How long he has been in it (30 years) and what he is into etc etc. I mentioned my vast experience of what is it now - oh yeah, 10 months now (most of it, "in theory").

"Oh, you are into D/s then?"

NO!!!

I mean yes I guess I am BUT that is NOT what I am looking for at the moment. Farthest thing from it!!!

"I'm into impact play" - sounds perfect to me.

"I already have a wife and a sub, It's a handful" - oh you definitely wouldn't want me to be your sub then. ;)

And that was pretty much it. He went back into work and I left. I was not sure how "it" went. It was kind of weird for me, although like I said there really wasn't much time to talk. It was very hard to read him and I am sure he felt the same way about me. I am sure that I was giving off alot of mixed signals. It was just weird and I walked away unsure about the whole thing.

I went shopping after that ... the mundane shopping for essentials, although I did buy a dress!!!! (I never buy clothes - let alone dresses - I now own 2!). That took a couple of hours.

When I finally got home, I checked fetlife to see if SafeD had left a message .. hmmm, nothing. So I sent him one, thanking him for coffee, nice to meet you etc etc, really still having no clue as to how things went. He messaged me back right away.

So if nothing else, I think I have at least, made a friend (in the community) .... for now. We'll see.


4 comments:

  1. The first part made me laugh, you knew who he was, he didn't know who you were. :)

    Glad coffee went well and that you're still talking. Friend? Friends are good!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly didn't plan any of that ... but to end up right beside him?!?!?! And yes friends are good and I AM tryiing ... honest I am.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed how you purposely made yourself the vantage point to seek him out first..haha..I would so do the same thing!


    glad coffee went well as well. I do hope a friendship can start, as those can turn into beautiful relationships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I did purposely do that .. curiosity & kitties, don't you know. I just wanted to see if I could pick him out.

      I am not sure ... friendship I agree is a good thing but the best part about SafeD is that he is NOT looking for a sub because I sure as hell don't want a Dom. Playing ... now that's a different story altogether. ;)

      Delete