Wednesday, October 22, 2014

True North Strong and FREE!

Phew what a day! What a week! And it's only Wednesday.

It was a long day. As I stated, we were in lockdown for most of it. I was the last to leave just around 5pm. Taking the bus home thru the downtown core .. just 2 streets down from where all the "action" is. Sooooo many cop cars & emergency vehicles. I drove by the Memorial where this beautiful young man was brutally shot 4 times in the chest at point blank change. It was completely encircled by RCMP vehicles.

Cpl. Nathan Frank Cirillo
24 years old and a new father

My bus also took me by the National Defence Headquarters (or as I like to call it Disneyworld on the Rideau) ... no less than 8 armed military police officers standing guard at that one entrance. I know that they were at every entrance. Like there are now more than likely armed guards at every entrance to every military base we have .. here & abroad.

I feel so helpless. I work for the military. I am the military. I have been military since I was 16 years old. It is in my blood. My blood is boiling. I want nothing more than to grab my uniform, get a weapon & hunt down all these new fangled "radicalized" citizens. Teach them what being Canadian is really all about.


It is my job, it is my duty ... to protect this country. Just because I got sick & I "retired" ... that doesn't go away. It's ingrained in me .. it's what I lived most of my life for. 

But no I sat in my office, locked down, safe and helpless. 

(hmmmm it's too bad that whoever made that  gif of the flag didn't know how to spell cuz in Canada we HONOUR our soldiers not honor them) *sighs* 

I know I am ranting .... I am exhausted. 

I am very grateful though .. for my family & my friends who checked in on me and who worried about me. But I am especially grateful for my Wolf. He is my very protective Daddy & I am soooooo lucky to have Him in my life. To worry about me, to protect me ... to love me. I would still be lost without him. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful you are okay. My thoughts and prayers are with the Canadians as you all go through this tragic affair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hs ... Hopefully today will be a better day & give us some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what I am grateful for? That there doesn't seem to be hate flowing around town. Sadness. Great sadness. The radio this morning refused to say the shooter's name outside of the news, and no damage by others in retaliation.

    I love my city and my country for so many reasons, but I am very proud of us for our hearts. I pray these events won't alter us.

    Thank you again for your service.
    willie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wilma I didn't realize you lived here too. :)

    It has been a very emotional week hasn't it?

    I have lost 2 brothers from my military family. I had many many friends in lockdown in the core of all the action. The city & the country has lost its innocence.

    I too am very proud of this city & the people in it. For their calmness during the situation and for their love and sympathy in the aftermath.

    I am very proud to be Canadian

    ReplyDelete