Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Fond Farewell

I am sure that people are sick of reading about this now. I am almost done. Just one more than it is time to move forward. Yes this has really affected me, on so many levels, professionally, personally and emotionally.

(it's what happens when you are an emotional creature) *shrug*

We bid a heartfelt and emotional farewell to "Canada's Son" yesterday (his funeral it not until Tuesday but he went home to Hamilton yesterday).

Nathan left our fair city yesterday. He got to travel the Highway of Heroes. The Highway of Heroes is a stretch of highway that starts in Trenton & goes to Toronto. And it received it's name because all of fatalities from the war in Afghanistan travelled that road. And it's a remarkable piece of road. Whenever there was a fallen solider that was returning home ... people began to gather to pay their respects .. first police and firefighters and then everyday citizens ... paying tribute to those have gave their lives.

Nathan's Motorcade


It has not been a road travelled for a very long time. Until yesterday. And the Highway of Heroes was expanded. From the funeral home that Nathan was resting in (which is a 5 minute walk from my house but unfortunately I was stuck at work) all the way to the funeral home in his home town of Hamilton (a 6-7 hour journey) all the way down to Hamilton. It gave a lot of new communities the chance to experience something so profound and the fact that it was for "Canada's Son", who was gunned down so brazenly, while guarding with honour the Tomb of the Unknown Solider. Well the people "got it" .. they understood. And they came out .. by the thousand! Every step of the way. Every overpass was overflowing with people. There is no way of knowing the numbers but I would venture to say tens of thousands of people!




It was amazing and beautiful to see. I couldn't have been prouder to be a Canadian. 

My Brat & I ... we couldn't be a part of  the Highway of Heroes but after work, we went to the War Memorial, which had just been official reopened earlier ... Honour Guards back on their posts. I really needed to go there, to pay my respects, to reflect. It gave me some closure. We were not alone. I suspect thousands of people will come .. say thank you, say good bye. 





And with that I am done. There is nothing left to do but to move forward. 

Obviously it has been an emotional week for me & this blog has given me the perfect outlet. I want to thank everybody for listening to me and for EVERYONE that have reached out and checking to see if I was ok. I do appreciate it all. 

And a big thank you MyWolf for Your unwavering support (He even wore red for me yesterday, in tribute & support). You take such good care of me and You are ALWAYS there for me, no matter what! I would be so lost without You! I am a very lucky lucky kittie! 
ALWAYS FLEB! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

.... we now return you to your regularily schedualled kinkiness ;) 

2 comments:

  1. oh gosh, weeping at my monitor now ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, thank you mc ... it is beautiful though don't you think? All that love????

    ReplyDelete