Monday, May 13, 2013

Not a FURRY! ;)

Ewok & Arf Trooper



Yup .. that's me .. the fuzzball. I am an ewok NOT a furry (not that there is anything wrong with that if it floats your boat). We were just playing, near the end of the con, with my STILL not finished ewok costume.

So I did survive the weekend .. it was exhausting but soooo much fun. There were about 30,000 people that attended our second comiccon. And so much press coverage .. it was amazing. We were sooo busy I didn't  get to see much of the con .. nor many of the celebraties, although I did get to spend alot of time with the original Darth Vader - David Prowse. I went to get my picture with him & Billy Dee Williams. I walked into the photo op area .. Billy Dee looked like a statue .. didn't even acknowledge anybody was even there. Dave however, says when he sees me "Hello Sweetheart, Here's comes the answer to every sex addicts' prayers!" O.O   .. I gave him a kiss on the check after the photo. He is a cheeky old dog that one!

We spent most of the time in costume at our booth .. which we made ourselves & EVERYBODY loved .... awesome!!!

Our Star Wars Experience Booth .. Murals are 8ft tall and the cut outs are 8ft as well!!!

Behind the wall was a "locker room" on the Death Star full of costumes & props (including Han Solo encased in Carbonite) all made by members of our group. We also had our photo booth (you pay $5 to get your picture with any or all of our costumed people), hourly raffles for great SW swag and our ever popular Shoot a Trooper blaster range (nothing better than shooting people with high powered nerf guns). 

The best best BEST part of the weekend was our booth raised $10,700 in funds. ALL monies raised goes to the Make-a-Wish foundation!!! 

So with that out of the way ... I shall stop flaunting my total geekiness and get back to trying to figure out how to go forward in discovery the submssive side of this Star Wars Fan Girl. 

Thanks for your patience! 

LK =^.^=

2 comments:

  1. I love Star Wars. Granted, not as much as you and my Sir LOL!! But this is so awesome!!! I would have totally geeked out over the costumes!!!

    Also, the amount y'all raised for the Make-a-Wish foundation is incredible!! Way to go!!!

    *hugs*

    ~JAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That that is so awesome!!! I love your costume. I'm impressed you made it. Amazing!!
    Glad you had such a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete