Sunday, May 5, 2013

Getting my Geek on!

I had a fantastic day yesterday. The best day since my Dom & I ended it.

I totally GEEKED OUT. It was a big big day. I am totally in COSPLAY and I belong to an organization that dresses up for charity (and we love it).

We started at my favourite Comic Book Shoppe, entertaining the masses waiting in line for International Free Comic Book Day. I figure there were about 200 people waiting in line for their free comic books. Some were in line for at least 2 hours before the shop opened at 10am .. pretty hardcore. But the weather was beautiful & it's always fun to interact with those waiting in line as well as passers by.

We spent 2 hours there then it was off to a local elementary school to "troop" at their school fun fair .. helping to raise money so they can buy a new play structure for the kids. By the looks of things we raised alot of money getting photos taken with the fans & letting them "shoot a trooper" with nerf guns.

Finally after a couple hours there it was off to the Chapters (Canada's Barnes & Noble) to celebrate MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU! And dam .. we were MOBBED!!! There were sooooo many people there. So much fun.

It was so good to get out of my head for awhile & get back to doing something I truly love! But boy I was POOPED afterwards!!! :D


Some of the gang after a very busy day! (I took the photo) 

8 comments:

  1. If you'd gotten a little more sleep the night before you wouldn't have been so "pooped." Lol
    What a fun day for you. I love that you do this for charity. That's awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, that's not true .. I was so pooped because we had never done 3 events in one day before .. it was a lot of running around from place to place. And EVERYBODY was pooped .. not just me!! ;D

    The charity part, is an added bonus cuz in the end we are really just a bunch of geeks, who like to play dress up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you a very fun day, even if it was a long one!!

    I love the costumes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. no one comes dressed like that to my local chapters :(

    ReplyDelete