Sunday, May 12, 2013

Darth Vader is a definite Ladies Man!

Boy oh boy, I am pooped!!! One more day!!! It's going well though ... I am glad that I don't have to get stuck out on the floor with thongs of people.

We went out to dinner with David Prowse last night, he played Darth Vader in the movies (of course not his voice though). I had met him last year at fan expo in Toronto. Such a lovely man. When I got my picture ("photo op") with him last year, we posed cheek to cheek .. I had told him that I was going to kiss his cheek as soon as the photo was taken, & when I went to do it, he turned & kissed me right on the lips .. the cheeky devil! Well he REMEMBERED ME!!! and he remembered "our kiss". So when I went to say hello to him at dinner (dinner was for about 80 people btw), he held my arm the whole time. It was sooooo funny. He is 87 years old now & his health is not the greatest but such a lovely man & still as sharp as a tack,

He came to visit our booth yesterday as well & really loved our display. And in grand fashion befitting the Dark Lord of the Sith, requested an escot back to his autograph station. So there he is sitting tall & proud on his grand thrown (his wheelchair) surrounded by, about 25 Star Wars characters, being paraded thru throngs of geeky peeps & LOVING every minute of it! Of course we love it too ... as people are cheering & snapping pictures!! WHAT A RUSH!

Last day today & we will all be glad when it's done. I think everybody has been running on fumes for the past week! ... and tomorrow back to work ...with a "con hangover.

LK

(Oh Yeah .. I am hoping that today I might actually SEE some of the con today too!!)

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun!! Though I imagine the throngs of people are a tad overwhelming.

    Glad you're enjoying yourself!!! :)

    *hugs*

    ~JAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your having so much fun! As tiring as it is, it doesn't happen very often so you are able to ride the adrenalin wave. Enjoy it while it lasts and then be thankful to be able to rest at work, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great weekend. We raised over $10,000 for the Make-s-Wish foundation .. SHATTERING our old record of $7000. Now .. let the "con hangover" begin! :D

    ReplyDelete