Thursday, December 18, 2014

Snow, Poutine AND Beaver Tails!!!

My Wolf & I had another excellent weekend together, although all too soon it was over & He was on the way back to Texas.

He flew in on Friday. It was so much fun to meet Him at the airport. I have never really had a chance to do that before. Wait for a loved one to walk thru those security gates at the airport. I quite liked it!

Very exciting.

We rented a car for the weekend. And much to His utter joy ... we got a Dodge Charger. He is a truck man from way back but only in the past few months has been thinking about buying a Charger .. this was the perfect opportunity for a long test run. He was very impressed. Not to mention, discovering the joy of heated seats! ;)

Christmas came early at our house ... literally as soon as we got home from the airport. I am a very spoilt kittie.

There was a new sex toy (that deserves it's own post)
A new tablet
Some Star Wars figures
AND ....

this wonderful Man of mine, conspired with one of my besties & got me a CUSTOM MADE LIGHTSABER!!!!

OH MY! He certainly does know His way to this girl's heart! Seriously ,.. talk abut shock & awe!

I got Him (okay really me) a new flogger.

Oh how I have missed being flogged. Is it just me? I just love the flogger .. I find it relaxes me.

He was less impressed with his "wookie" bathrobe though ... although He did wear it & found it nice & fuzzy & warm. ;)

It did not go back to Texas (but then He doesn't need it there)

But the best gift (according to Him) was "free" ... I gave Him a set of my dog tags (real from my military days). Free but priceless on the sentimental scale. I am kinda schmoopey like that.

And my girlfriend literally cried when she saw it!

Oh and of course I got Him lots of snow too! ;)

Anywho ...

It was a jammed packed weekend.

Saturday night, we went out to a Brazilian BBQ with my favourite people. It was so awesome to see everybody bonding & getting along so well. Even MyWolf & MyBrat had a private bonding moment!!!

It was a fun filled night, full of great conversations & lots of laughter, oh & an endless stream of meat on "swords" ... We went out for coffee afterwards. I seriously thinking we could have went all night.

On Sunday we drove down to my hometown for the ritual "meet the parents" event .... after we stopped to get some poutine.

(for those who don't know ... poutine is a french Canadian specialty, french fries & cheese curds, smothered in gravy)

poutine

MyWolf LOVES poutine (they haven't even really heard of cheese curds in Texas!!!!!)

(He only had it 3 times this visit!)

We had a traditional Sunday family dinner with the parent units. It was nice & I think everybody got along really well. They had met before ... one day at the cottage, via skype but apparently it's just not the same as face to face. It was a nice quiet visit.

Finally on Monday, we had the day for ourselves.

YAAAAY!

Sleep in?

Not a chance.

We had to get downtown for His Beaver Tail.

Another delicacy we have here, that is a must for everybody who comes to Ottawa. Even Barrack Obama got a beaver tail when he was here.

a traditional beaver tail with cinnamon sugar

Daddy's Beaver Tail with chocolate & bananas

Apparently, it's the breakfast of champions. ;) 

We did a little bit of shopping. I needed to get His son a Christmas present (anything for video gaming is good). 

And more poutine for lunch ... of course. 

The rest of the day was spent, just packing up his suitcases & lounging around the house. We had to be at the airport at the ungodly hour of 0430 the next morning so we just wanted to relax & enjoy our togetherness. 

And unfortunately, my fibro reared it's ugly head & I ended up with a horrible migraine that took a long while to get under control. *sighs* 

He has never been around when I have been sick before. 

It was amazing. He just cradled me in His arms & tried to soothe the pain away. 

I have never had that before.  

I could get use to it. 

All too soon though, it was time for another farewell. They are so hard.

I had never greeted somebody at the airport before and I had never had to watch somebody leave before either. *sighs* 

It's always so hard to say goodbye .. until the next time, of course. 






6 comments:

  1. D'aaaaawww!!!

    It sounds like you two had such a great time!!! <3 <3 <3

    Heh, in New Jersey fries smothered with gravy and cheese is called Disco Fries. I have no idea why. I didn't even know they existed until friends ordered them one day. Though they melt the cheese over the fries instead of cheese curds.

    Also, is it bad that I bypassed all of the other fun toys and went: "Ooooo a lightsaber?? Which one is it? What color? Allllll the details!!!"

    ...I think Steve might be a bad influence. :-P

    I love reading you talk about how happy you and Wolf are. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside seeing you loved and spoiled just as you should be. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese curds are what set the poutine apart from the rest. ... just sayin' ;)

      I know right ... LIGHTSABERS! When he showed me the big "tube" at the airport I thought "oh you got me a lightsaber" .. I thought it was a store bought Hasbor FX, which is pretty awesome but thought oh you could get that here. BUT when I found out it was a custom made UltraSaber & the great lengths he went to, with my girlfriend (all via facebook) to get this for me! WOW! I am still amazed & awed. The thing is almost 4 feet long & as light as a feather (by far lighter than the other 4 lightsabers I already have). It is for my next costume ... sith lord Darth Miladi.
      I just love the fact that He is so supportive of my Star Wars stuff. Seriously! And He is a self proclaimed "non-stuff" person yet he spoils me rotten.

      I definately think Steve has tainted you for sure in the ways of the Star Wars .. which cannot be a bad thing! ;)

      Thank you for your kind words .. MyWolf definately is very special.

      (((hugs)))
      gk

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh what a sweet time you two had! I am so happy for you!!!

    And now I really want to try a beaver tail....hmmmm I think I need to find a reason to go to Canada...

    hugs,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm, a reason to come to Ottawa ..... http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/events/winterlude-2/

      ... and me ... of course! ;)

      ...... just sayin'

      (((hugs)))
      gk

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVE poutine...That stuff is CRACK...lol...Glad you enjoyed your visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey hey stranger! :D

      Crack .. I mean poutine is awesome. MyWolf loves it so much .. I even brought cheese curds down to Texas on my last visit (they haven't even heard of it) and made a batch of the "sauce" (fancy gravy) & freezed it all so all He needs to do is add fries.

      :D

      Delete