Monday, November 17, 2014

Girlie Girl???

I have make up ... I only wear it when I am doing my Star Wars stuff (for better photographs).

Once in a blue moon I will blow dry & straighten my rat's nest (hair) ... a arduous 2 hour process. I don't own a curling iron. The only "product" I ever use in my hair are leave-in conditioner & Moroccan oil.

For a special occasion I might get a manicure/pedicure.

I hate going to hair salons (always have)

I hate shopping .. especially for clothes. Seriously, My Wolf was completely amused when I got more excited (I mean squealing for joy excited) at the Toy-r-Us Star Wars aisle then in any clothing/jewelry store we had been in together.

Most of the time I am in jeans & t-shirts, my hair pulled back in a pony tail. (I call it wash & wear hair).

Once in a blue moon, I might wear a skirt or a dress ... very rare indeed.

Shoes? I would rather be in flip flops or moccasins (real ones). Heels? I think not!

Boots .. okay, I have a fetish there.

I am definitely not a "high-end" type of girl.

I will go out of my way to NOT buy brand names. (Seriously, my friend was very excited to be getting a present from Coach - she had to tell me what Coach was).

I am a very messy person ... world's worst housekeeper. Susie Homemaker I will never be (although I am a mean cook). A friend came to my house once & gasped "OMG! You're a STUFF person!!!!!)

What's the point to all this? I don't really know. I just read something recently about "highs standards" .. "stylish" .. "impeccable taste" etc etc. And it just got me thinking.

I am none of those things. And I don't ever aspire to be.

I am just me. Just a no make-up, messy haired, Star Wars loving, geeky freak, And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Does that make me any less of a woman? Wait .. don't answer that cuz I really don't care.

I don't care about material things so much (except for my boots & rather large Star Wars collection).

And I really HATE social convention ... telling me what to wear, how to behave, where to live, what to drive, blah blah blah.

What I care about ... is people that are good to each other. I am a warm hearted person, who loves her family & friends with a passion. I am a good person. Kind to strangers, and always try to lend a helping hand.

And underneath that somewhat tom-boyish (my mother called me that) exterior? You had better believe I am all woman! :P

The rest? ... just doesn't matter.


a rare shot of me .. in a skirt (only to show off my boots!!!) :)







13 comments:

  1. Nice boots. You and Mistress share that fetish. But she is also into a lot of the "girlie girl" stuff you eschew. Vive Le Diference!

    MICK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately Vive Le Diference Mick! How boring would life be if everybody was cut from the same cookie cutter? ;)

      Delete
  2. That is what makes life interesting...all of our differences. Good for you for knowing and accepting you. Love those boots.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true .. I do have some very girlie girlfriends ... hells I have some from girlie guyfriends too ;) .. I don't try to judge .. I like the differences.

      And yeah ... those boots! My birthday gift from MyWolf cuz "everybody" needs cowboy boots. ;)

      (((hugs)))

      Delete
  3. awesome boots. yes i'm kinda back

    and if you're happy with the you that you are, the rest of em can go to hell. eh?

    *hugs* as long as you're a nice gal on the inside, that's what really counts, i say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hey there stranger!!!! How lovely to see you!!! :D

      Welcome "kinda" back.

      (((hugs)))

      Delete
  4. And this is exactly why I like you so much.

    Replace Star Wars with books and boots with my sewing/craft supplies and that pretty much sums me up too. I've never been one to get excited about flowers or jewelry or clothes. Although Phillip does tell me how to dress and that usually means more 'girly' stuff like skirts and dresses because he likes it, but I do try to stick with the most comfortable things when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all about feeling comfortable .. in whatever you are wearing. I think I just really "rebel" against the whole society tells you how to dress, how to wear your hair, makeup - no makeup ... where to shop blah blah blah. And branding .. oh how I hate branding (there are of course exceptions but yeah my the Maker smote me down if I am ever caught in anything that says, the Gap, Guess .... and I literally cannot think of any other names, but you get my point. ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm not exactly a girly girl. I can get ready in a matter of minutes, but sometimes I like getting all dolled up. I own a ton of skirts, but they're hippie styled. I just feel more comfortable in them than pants and jeans.

    But I think it's more that you live simply. That's a good way to live, no matter what your simple things are. You keep the things that make you happy close.

    You've always struck me as someone who is content with good friends, a book to curl up with, and someone who loves you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have "girlie" clothes & I do like to dress up once in a while, but it's more for me thank anything else. My Wolf does have a taste for lingerie so of course I never mind dressing for him .....
      I live simply? ... or maybe I just too lazy? *giggles* But you're right ... things that make you happy & comfortable ... always go for that. ;)

      Delete
  6. Everybody does need cowboy boots...its a cultural thing. Yours are awesome. Just like your style. When you dress for me its a big impression. You have taste, and youre doing it for me.....
    Wolfdreams514

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. And by "dressing for You", You mean just in Your collar, right Daddy? *giggles* .... okay maybe cuffs too. ;)

      Delete