Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dream Come True!!!!

I have loved ... LOVED Paul McCartney (Macca) for as long as I can remember .. 5-6 years old?

I have missed many opportunities to see him, in concert, found out too late, too expensive, too far away.

I have only ever been to one concert before. The Police Syncronicity tour in '83. I didn't like the crowds or the fact that they were throwing pop & live cigarette butts down on us.

I swore I would never go to another concert again .. except for Macca.

Last Monday it was annoucned that he was coming to my home town!!! It all happened soooo fast! I have so many things on the go & money tied up but he was coming!!!

Tickets were going on sale Friday at 10am.

I woke Friday morning feeling pretty desulte. I was pretty convinced that I would not be able to swing it. I would not be able to go to the concert. At 9am I was sitting at my desk at work ... I looked up the ticket website. It would be iffy if I would be able to get thru to buy tickets fm my computer at work (STUPID FIREWALLS) .. but I could go to a ticket outlet & try my luck there.

I went for it!

 I told my boss, what I was doing & I would make up the time. I HAD TO TRY! It was my long dream after all.

I didn't care about tickets .. I would have sat in the rafters, in the basement, on the roof! Hells, I would have sat outside the venue with my ear to the wall. Just to hear him .. would be amazing!

There were at least 20 people ahead of me in line. *sighs* and this was only 1 outlet store, among many (not including phone & internet). My nerves were shot! And still another 30 minutes before the tickets went on sale!

I knew that it was going to sell out fast. It's PAUL McCARTNEY after all!

It took forever, that line up! We were all soooo anxious. Friends on facebook, were anxious for me! I drained my iphone battery waiting for my turn.

The fifth person in line came away from the ticket window. "I got my two tickets .. we are not even sitting together" .. there are only single seats left .. in horrible locations" *groans*

And we waited .. and heard stories of the people ahead of us that either took the lousy single seats or passed "Oh there is a rumour that they are going to lay on a second show" .. sure, sure, I would rather not take the chance, thanks!

Finally, there are only 3 people left in front of me. It has been about an hour .. we are all waiting to hear "sold out". Then came the word .. there is only 1 seat left!!!! I wanted to push those 3 people out of the way & say MINE but of course ... no. I was pretty sure that the first 2 girls were together & would not take the ticket but the creepy guy in front of me ... I was sure he was going to get it. I was practically in tears. Soooooo close .. only to have it just out of your reach!

BUT OMG!!! He walked away!!! He frickin WALKED AWAY!! But there was still all the other outlet stores, the internet & the phone.

I was shaking as I walked up to the cashier ...

Her: "There is only 1.... "

Me: "I'll take it" ..

Her: "The seat ...."

Me: "I'll take it"

Her: "The cost .. "

Me: "I'll take it"

and ...

I GOT THE LAST FRICKIN' TICKET TO THE SOLD OUT MACCA CONCERT!!!!

I was just about in tears as I paid for my ticket.

 That was so close! My nerves are shot!

I am still stunned & in awe.

I am soooo glad that I went for it & that I will get to fulfil a life long dream.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEE! :D


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That as close. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! I think I will be a big puddle of goo by the come the concert comes (July 7th) ... I am still all goosebumpy!!!!

    ReplyDelete