Tuesday, May 6, 2014

No Rest for the Wicked


I haven't been around much. My Star Wars stuff has pretty much taken over my life for the moment. We have not stopped. 

Last weekend was a big weekend. We had what I like to call Drive By Trooping all weekend long. 
Saturday was Free Comic Book Day (an international thing ... all comic book shops are sent a massive amount of special free comics to give away. It's a an opportunity to promote reading, but to me it's the excuse to celebrate the nerd in all of us. *giggles*

In the afternoon, we had a big Make-a-Wish fund raiser. It was alot of fun .. was sooooo tired after it. I hope it was a success .. there was alot of people there so hopefully they did well (I have no idea how much money was raised. 

And of course Sunday was May the 4th Be With You. Big Star Wars Day throughout the galaxy. We always go to Chapters(Canada's version of Barnes & Noble) .. and HOLY HANNA .. we were treated like rock stars. There was a HUGE crowd waiting for us & they cheered when we came out. Again another event that we get to promote reading at. We were only there an hour but that had to have been one of the busiest hours of my life! Love it!

We then meandered over to a church where a local concert band was putting on a May the 4th be With You concert. 

Soooooo tired. But ... in the meantime. This upcoming weekend is out ComicCon. And we are definately going over the top with this one. Last year we raised over $10,000 for the Make a Wish Foundation & this year we want to top it. The work has been massive ... we have been spending long hours at our "build site" making a new booth. We have even built a detention cell block to launch a new fund raiser ... "jail & bail" we hope that it is a huge success. 


 
We have been so busy .. we haven't even had a chance to blow our own noses!!

I have missed blogging .. so many new & amazing things happening, especially with MyWolf. And so much reading to catch up on too! Oh well after this weekend ... I will return to "life as we know it" (and probably start bitching about how bored I am - NOT) 

May the 4th be with you!!!! 


2 comments:

  1. We were watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory (not a show we regularly watch) and they were talking about May the 4th. Then Sunday, Master says "I didn't realize that was a real thing". i love Him, but He just doesn't get it. i got a good laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Monday a co-worker thought he had me ... "Oh geez kittie, you call yourself a Star Wars fan & you didn't KNOW it was SW Sunday yesterday?" He really thought he had gotten me on one but ran away with his tail between his legs when I pointed out that indeed I had never heard of such a thing but that yesterday was indeed May the 4th be with You, vice "SW Sumday" .. and yes he DID hang his head in shame. ;)

    ReplyDelete